Praying for Woodside Kids and Students | Prayer Week Days 1 & 2
As we kick off Prayer Week, we’ll focus the first two days on praying for our Woodside Kids and Students. Specifically, we’ll be praying for the outreach events they are doing this summer. On Day 1, we’ll be praying for our Woodside Kids, focusing on Flip Camp and Camp Woodside. On Day 2, we’ll be praying for Woodside Students, focusing on their summer mission trips. Below you will find specific prayer requests for each.
Prayer Week | Day 1
Every summer, our kids gather across different Woodside Campuses for Flip Camp and Camp Woodside. Both of these events draw in kids from all our different communities. It’s also a wonderful front door to the church and a chance to build relationships with families, all while our kids are having a BLAST! Here are some specific prayer requests for each event!
- Pray God would provide the number of leaders we need to develop and disciple every kid that signs up.
- Pray for the hearts of the kids who will come—that God will begin moving in their hearts and lives now!
- We praise God that we have this opportunity and space where kids can go to strengthen and develop their faith—join us in lifting this thanksgiving up to God!
- Pray God would bring committed and passionate volunteers to lead kids to Jesus and help them to grow in their faith.
- Pray for God to move across Woodside as we strive to partner with parents, disciple and develop volunteers, lead kids to an authentic relationship with God, and grow their faith to move the kingdom forward.
Prayer Week | Day 2
Every summer, 300+ students and leaders descend upon metro Detroit to share and show the love of Christ to people who desperately need it. This year’s trip will be taking place July 15-20. Below you’ll find some specific ways you can pray for Hope Week this year and some of the other short-term mission trips our students will be taking.
- Pray that God will open the hearts of those in the communities we serve—that they would come to know Christ as their Savior or grow in their relationship with Him.
- Pray for the students as they serve. Pray God will humble their hearts, setting aside their agendas and motivations to see God’s glorious purpose extended in a powerful way.
- Pray for the leaders overseeing the trip—for energy and that their focus would remain on the life-giving love of Jesus.
- Pray for safe travels and team unity.
- Pray for the communities the team will minister to alongside our missionary partners Mono & Shelia Daniel.
- Pray that the name of Jesus would be known.
- Pray for safe travels to the camp’s location in Missouri and team unity.
- Pray for the campers our team will be buddies for. Camp Barnabas is a camp for individuals with special needs. Each of our students will serve as a buddy for the week for a designated camper.
- Pray for the safety of the campers and energy for our students and leaders!